Zesty lemon tart recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Crispy shortbread crust with a velvety lemon topping makes for a deliciously smooth tart with a unique twist!
27 people made this
- For the shortbread base
- 65g butter
- 45g caster sugar
- 78g plain flour
- For the topping
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g caster sugar
- 50ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 25g plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar to dust
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line a 23cm round baking tin - making sure you butter over the greaseproof paper. (A cake tin will do)
- For the base, beat the butter and 45g caster sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour with a metal spoon. It won't form a ball but some large clumps should form. Press into the bottom of the tin in an even layer.
- Bake until it starts to turn a light golden colour, about 10 minutes.
- For the topping, beat the eggs and 125g caster sugar with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until very light.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Slowly whisk the flour and baking powder into the mixture by hand and then pour it onto the base that should be cooled by now.
- Bake in the oven (still at 180 C) for about 15 minutes or until golden on the top and beginning to go firm.
- Cool in the tin before removing and then dust with icing sugar.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Really easy and really tasty. I'll make it again!-12 Mar 2017