Warning: cheese lovers only beyond this point. We've got three kinds (Gruyère, cream cheese and Parmesan), all slow cooked with a bunch of fresh veggies for a hassle-free dish that'll make brunch your favorite meal.MORE+LESS-
package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
cloves garlic, finely chopped
medium red bell pepper, seeded, chopped (generous 1 cup)
bag (5 oz) baby spinach
bag (30 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
cups shredded Gruyère cheese (10 oz)
cup grated Parmesan cheese
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
teaspoon dried thyme leaves
teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Spray oval 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions, garlic and bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Add green onions; transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker.
Add thawed hash brown potatoes, 2 cups of the Gruyère cheese and the Parmesan cheese to slow cooker.
In blender, add eggs, half-and-half, cream cheese, cornstarch, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme and pepper flakes. Cover and blend about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours 30 minutes or until temperature reaches at least 160°F in center and egg mixture is set. Remove slow-cooker ceramic insert from heat. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese over casserole; cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Chopped tomatoes and green onions make a colorful garnish for this egg casserole.
- Blending the eggs with the cream cheese and other ingredients help to give it a smooth texture.
- Serve this flavorful gluten-free brunch strata with warm gluten-free blueberry muffins and cut-up fresh fruit.
- Slow cookers vary. Keep an eye on your casserole so it doesn't overcook.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.