Chinese Spinach and Eggs recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A completely different recipe for spinach and eggs. Serve with freshly cooked rice.
5 people made this
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 600g spinach
- 250ml water
- 2 century eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 cooked salted eggs, peeled, whites chopped and yolks mashed
- salt, to taste
- chicken stock granules, to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Saute the garlic until aromatic, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the water, century eggs and mashed egg yolks. Bring the mixture to the boil; boil for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and chicken stock granules to taste. Stir in the chopped egg white and serve.
The century egg is also known as a preserved egg, hundred-year egg, thousand-year old egg and millenium egg. These and salted eggs can be purchased in Chinese/Oriental speciality stores.